Friday, October 15, 2010

A box of REAL bones!

For our lab in Anatomy and Physiology today our professor gave each table a box of real bones. With direction from our lab book and text book we started to identify which bone was which...where the fossa, condyles, head, filangies, ribs, etc. etc. were. We got a tiny bit side tracked when Jen got a little mouthy....

two of my lab partners...and whats left of the third
Roxy....Jen?...and Jerson

Ok, really, Jen was gone today, but Roxy really wanted to see if we had all the bones to get this body back together. It took a while but this is what we found before we actually got what we had back together.
an airplane
an arm
a sharp shooter equipped with rifle
WIIIILSOOOOOOON!
a heart
a family tree
a hand
two heads!
IT was a great lab. Who knew you could do so much with a box of bones? There were other masterpieces, but for the sake of time I only chose those that were best for the audience.
ALSO!!!!
I wanted to throw in a few pictures from my favorite lab...The RAT DISSECTION
Please don't look if you can't handle it. It was a very interesting lab for me. I really enjoyed it.

HERE'S BERTHA before
Here's Bertha after
I LOVE ANAT AND PHYS!!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad someone does.

Darwin + Kiara said...

That's seriously awesome, Marci! I love all the stuff you did with the bones. So fun :) If you have to go to school, you might as well be creative and make it as fun as it can be, right?