Wednesday, May 25, 2011

An ordination and a baptism!!!!





Brock turned 8 on April 4th and is anxiously awaiting his baptism which will take place this Sunday the 29th of May! He was gracious enough to wait for Ethan to turn 12 so Grandma and Grandpa Koon could be here with us for both events. I can't believe this is my last baptism! I'm a little sad....ok, a LOT sad! But life does move on and pretty soon Brock will be turning 12 like Ethan did today!


Ethan will be ordained a deacon in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints this Sunday, May 29th right after church. He is quite humbled by the fact that he will hold the Holy Priesthood of God. He is excited to pass the sacrament and go to the temple with the Young Men. Its hard to believe 12 years ago....ooooops! here come the water works! Time just goes so fast and now he is a young man, responsible enough to hold the Aaronic Priesthood.





I'm so pleased by my boys' decisions. We gave Brock the opportunity to fast and pray to decide for himself if he wanted to be baptized into the church and he very enthusiastically said HECK YA! My boys are such a great example to our family. I love them both so much! I respect them a great deal and am honored to be their mom. Sunday will be one of the most important days for our family and I am very much looking forward to it. I'm so happy Mom and Dad will be here to share it with us!

2 comments:

Darwin + Kiara said...

That's so exciting for both of them! I seriously can't believe how fast time flies. I remember when you guys got married! :)

Melissa said...

Congratulations! By the way, who did those amazing pictures... just kidding!!! I'm so proud of your boys. Good job!