Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm officially going to Catholic School! :)

A tender mercy and a testimony that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing and if we do his will and listen to him...we can end up in Catholic School! A few months ago I was invited by Columbia University to attend a Q&A about their school and transferring there. I had been excited about the idea of graduating from an IVY LEAGUE school...little ole me from a tiny little town in Idaho. After hearing what they had to say and realizing how many credits I would have to retake I was rather discouraged and figured my dream of getting my Masters in Occupational Therapy was just that, a dream. After the presentation I realized I was hungry so I went downstairs to the cafeteria and found that BCC was holding a transfer fair. I got my lunch then walked around. I saw a table with blue and white and was excited because they were Ricks College colors. So I talked to the girl. I found out that the school she was representing was Seton Hall and that they had a Masters in OT (not a lot of schools do). I talked to Brian about it and decided I would apply. I just found out that they accepted me, not only to attend, but to be in their combine BA/MA program for OT! Seton Hall accepted my Associates degree from Ricks outright! They didn't question the 16 yearrrr...14 years since I graduated either. I do not have to re-do any credits! I am actually a Senior and will have my Bachelors within a year! If I had gone to any of the other schools I was thinking of I would not be this far along! I only have 3 total years until my Masters is done. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for guiding me all those years ago to take my recreational education, religion and art classes, because they are all applicable to a degree I had no idea existed 16 years ago.

I was pleasantly surprised when Brian and I took a visit to Seton Hall's campus last week. Bergen Community College was a bit unkempt, the grounds were not well cared for and every hall is graffiti tagged. I couldn't help but term BCC "A glorified high school". Seton Hall, however is clean, has beautiful grounds and it feels like a place of higher learning and maturity. It is a small campus, so I feel at home there, it has a bit of a Ricks College feel to it! Seton Hall is a private Catholic university. I'm excited about finishing my education here.

2 comments:

Rikosuave said...

Congratulations!!! That's awesome!

Mary said...

Congrats!!!! I wonder if this is one of the reasons the church decided to combine BYU and Ricks...it makes all those degrees sooo much stronger and more and more schools are recognizing the fantastic education received there! Good luck on working out the details and congrats again!!!!