Saturday, February 11, 2012

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!

Most of you know my ongoing battle with allergies. I have been told by a few doctors to move because of the severity of them...I've been in Jersey for over 4 years now and still they keep wiping me out. The last doctor I spoke to told me to do a sinus rinse 2 times a day. I followed his advice but forgot about it after it worked for a season. Well, my sister Kirsten was told by her doctor to do one and because of her call for advice I was reminded of how well it works and I figured I would give it another shot.

BE ADVISED...this story is not for the week of stomach!

I woke up to an especially horrible night of sinus pain and decided to get going on the sinus rinse again. I made up my solution, sprayed about a cup of saline up each nostril while gently blowing my nose so it could exit my sinuses. Once finished with the rinse I blew my nose really well and took off for the morning.

About 3 hours later I was standing in line at Target when I realized I was PARCHED! There was a woman in front of me in line emptying her buggy. I leaned over to grab a soda off the bottom shelf of the cooler next to the checkout counter when the FLOOD GATES OPENED! Apparently my sinuses were so swollen that about a cup of the saline got blocked in the cavities and couldn't come out until I tipped my head down.

So here I am, standing in line with saline POURING out my nose...my only response was DA** IT! The woman in line emptying her buggy asked me if my nose was bleeding. I told her "NO". I was wiping my nose frantically with my arm sleeves to no avail, IT JUST KEPT COMING!!!!! FYI: There is NO sniffing to hopefully make it stop. I was helpless, my nose had turned on me and I couldn't do a thing about it! I knew that my best bet was to stand and tip my head back a bit. The crappy part about this was that unfortunately at this point I had saline running over my lips and off my chin, it was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally couldn't wipe fast enough. My darn sleeves weren't absorbing nearly fast enough.

I turned around to hide the disgusting torrent from the lady in front of me, much to my relief no one was behind me! I had nothing else to wipe with but my already soaked sleeves, so I just pathetically continued to wipe. Finally after a good 15-20 seconds the entire cup of saline that had been trapped and unleashed was reduced to a few left over drips.

I was waiting for the check out clerk to make an announcement over the loud speaker and ask for a "wet clean up on check-out 13!" I was so demoralized at this point that I just couldn't face anyone! I stayed turned around until the checker lady asked me if I was ready. I couldn't WAIT to get out of that store!

The nasal rinse works wonders for allergies! It really does. But please be aware that if you don't get it all out from the get go, there is NO gaurentee that when it does come out you won't be recorded on the security cameras at some store somewhere. GOOD LUCK!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Funny! So funny! Only because I do the rinse and I KNOW what a risk this is! hahaha! Wish I could have seen it!

Rebekah said...

FUNNY!!