Sorry for the poor quality, but...what can I say! We CRASHED Theron's farewell, I know that sounds really tacky, and it probably was. We couldn't pass it up. The kids had met Kirsten and were dying to meet Theron and did NOT want to wait another 2 years. We explained to them they were NOT going to meet him, but they could see and hear him, then we would be ditching out and heading home as soon as the meeting was over so we didn't totally ruin the day. Brian's friend Dan came with us to help us find seating away from the "ex-family". Dan and I went in with the kids and sat in the very back corner. Dan then went out and got Brian. I was watching and as soon as Brian walked in Theron saw him and covered his face. Later I found out from Kirsten that he kind of figured we would go, but he was still shocked to see us there.
It turns out we were sitting across from some of the "ex-family" and when they realized it Brian sure got a nasty look. I suppose I don't totally blame them, but 17 years later? Really? Well, it was quite the shock to watch Theron speak. I couldn't believe how much he acts like Brian! It was ridiculous! I honestly didn't know that mannerisms were nature and not so much nurture! That kid sounds just like Brian, he has that unique Tullis voice. His manner of speaking was so similar to Brian's too. I wouldn't have mentioned anything about it but that is what surprised me the most. He was very literally a mini Brian.
We planned to leave right after the closing song but decided to leave after the prayer so we didn't cause a scene. As soon as the prayer was said Brian was standing and ready to run but the bishop got up and asked everyone to remain seated he had to direct the logistics (a girl was also going on her mission so her family was to meet in one foyer and Theron's in the other). Theron grinned at Brian knowing full well he was trying to go but didn't know what to do.
Brian all but ran for the door. Amber's kids came over and grabbed mine from me and took them out into Theron's foyer to meet him. I was frantic! I tried to get them back so we could sneak out but the kids were determined to introduce themselves. I followed them out trying to get them, but it was too late. I have never been so mortified in all my life. It was again VERY awkward and poorly done! After standing behind him for 15 minutes and much pestering from Amber's kids Theron turned around said he recognized them and the cousins shoved my kids into him for a hug. I shook his hand told him good luck and we left.
I've never been so happy to get out of a church before! I don't know what was worse though, Aj and Susi came out and I was introduced to them. Susi was very kind and gracious and even apologetic as to how the divorce turned out so wrong, but Aj seemed annoyed that we were back in Idaho. WHAT A DANG TRAIN WRECK! But I am glad we went, for Brian's sake and that of my kids. They were so happy to have met him.

No comments:
Post a Comment