This was a hard day for me! The kids of course were excited, but I cried. My good and sweet Brian stayed home with me. E and Bella's bus was sooo late! School starts on the hour, the bus didn't show up until 10 after at which time we had to still walk Brock and Nan to their school! It was nuts. Once we got back I decided I would exercise, and I cried a good share of the time. I just can't believe my little Brock is old enough to be in school ALL DAY LONG! I was comforted to have Brian there with me.
Day two was better. Brian had to go to work, that made me feel lonely. I got the Lunch Aid job at School #2, so that makes me happy. I will get so see a couple of my sweeties every day. The bus was there at 5 after, so Brock and Nan were not quite as late. After exercising I showered and left the house. I don't know how many of you know the significance there....but I didn't have to get anyone else ready, look for a baby sitter, or even tell anyone where I was going, I just left! I haven't done that since college! But that night, 20 after 4 E and Bella were not back yet from school. I got a phone call from E saying the bus had not made it to the school yet. I decided to pick them up since they would still have a 40 minuted bus ride home if I didn't. I picked them up just after the bus had left.
Day three was even better. We caught the bus a few minutes after the hour, getting Nan and Brock to school before everyone went in, and I picked them all up from school so we could have dinner with Ramos' before cleaning the church. Stacie and I made sushi for us and the kids and pizza for Tali. Brian was working late so he missed out. Poor guy! It was really yummy!
It really was quite a week. I am bushed today!
Day two was better. Brian had to go to work, that made me feel lonely. I got the Lunch Aid job at School #2, so that makes me happy. I will get so see a couple of my sweeties every day. The bus was there at 5 after, so Brock and Nan were not quite as late. After exercising I showered and left the house. I don't know how many of you know the significance there....but I didn't have to get anyone else ready, look for a baby sitter, or even tell anyone where I was going, I just left! I haven't done that since college! But that night, 20 after 4 E and Bella were not back yet from school. I got a phone call from E saying the bus had not made it to the school yet. I decided to pick them up since they would still have a 40 minuted bus ride home if I didn't. I picked them up just after the bus had left.
Day three was even better. We caught the bus a few minutes after the hour, getting Nan and Brock to school before everyone went in, and I picked them all up from school so we could have dinner with Ramos' before cleaning the church. Stacie and I made sushi for us and the kids and pizza for Tali. Brian was working late so he missed out. Poor guy! It was really yummy!
It really was quite a week. I am bushed today!
4 comments:
wow! I haven't left the house without packing a diaper bag in YEARS! I am jealous...but it's sad too huh? but Hurray for free time!
I know I will cry when it is my turn for such events, but potty training is going so well that I left the house for the first time in nearly 5 years without a diaper bag! Babies grow too fast...way too fast...maybe I'll just have to start crying now...kindergarten next year for baby #1!?!
How do they like school there?? How did Brock do going to K?? It is SO HARD TO SEND THEM!!!! I cried too! JES
I can hardly imagine a day with both my girls in school...but I'm trying. Aubrey is so excited to go to school she can hardly stand it. And although I envy you now, I'm sure I'll cry when my turn to send them off actually comes.
Fun that you get to work at the school, though!
Post a Comment