Friday, January 29, 2010

A two and a half hour school bus delay!

This is Blizzard the snowman. It started snowing yesterday morning just before Ethan got on the bus. His bus was on time so the poor kid got his full day of school. I recieved a phone call from the school saying traffic was really backed up so please walk to school if you can...if not, please be patient for the bus. Well, I left Ysabel with the neighbors while I walked Hannah and Brock to school. The whole time we walked down the hill to the school the cars on the road next to us moved two car lengths.
It was incredibly slick and nasty, but we finally made it to school. I walked home and was a little surprised to see Ysabel and her fellow bus riders still waiting. I went across the street to wait with them. At 20 to 10 we were still waiting. My neighbor Kevin who had been waiting with us had to get to work so these poor orphans were left to my care! I called the school, they assured me the bus was on its way...so we couldn't go inside, what if after all this we missed it!

So we got a little bored! We decided we would make a snowman. The kids named him Blizzard. He was a fun one to build. Then we got a little too bored and the kids started sledding. Well, they weren't dressed for that so I made them quit. We went across the street to my house and played "Fox and Geese" in the snow. It is a form of tag you play in the snow. At 11 I finally got ahold of all the parents and asked if I could take the kids to school.
The kids weren't exactly excited about that...but I assured them they were already 2 hours late for school and it would be ok! I don't know when the bus came, or if it ever did...but we had a great time! pictured LtoR Claudia, Ysabel, Nikki, Jason....my snow orphans.
Blizzard
Blizzard doing his GQ look
The kids topping Blizzards hat off with a leaf
silly kids!

No comments: