I was so rushed with everything that goes into planning the Thanksgiving meal that I forgot to take a moment to remind myself what I am thankful for...(this isn't in order of least to greatest, its just what comes to mind first)....
I am thankful for this great country and for the family, (past, present and future) friends, and all those who fight to keep it free. I'm thankful for the right to vote and stand up for what I believe in. I'm thankful for the wonderful men who founded this country under God.
Right now, watching another person I've come to love go through cancer, I have to say I am so thankful my family and I have our health. I'm thankful I get to serve my friend and her family every now and again, cause I need those blessings in my life. I am thankful for the endurance all of my family and friends with cancer have, for their desire to fight it and make it. I am thankful for their example and the humility they are teaching me.
I'm thankful I haven't lost a child or husband to death. I'm thankful I get to be the soccer, baseball/softball mom, that I can be there and want to be there for my kids! I'm thankful I get to be the single mom because that means my husband has a good job and works hard at it...which says a lot about him. I am thankful for all the times I have to beg my kids to do their chores because that means they are home and around me. I am thankful for all the times I get to ask my husband for a date, because he always takes me. I am thankful that my kids love each other and know how to laugh and laugh hard together. I'm thankful for all our trips and the places I get to see with my family. I'm thankful for wanting to be a better person so the family can be closer.
I am thankful for music and the peace it brings to my soul. I am thankful there is music for every mood, memory, attitude, and event. I am very thankful for Paul Cardall who is my favorite musician. I'm thankful for piano lessons, clarinet and trumpet lessons. I'm thankful for the music of nature...waves crashing on the shore, birds chirping, the wind wrustling through the trees, cows mooing...all of it! I LOVE BEING ABLE TO HEAR!
I am thankful for my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am thankful for my testimony of my Father in Heaven. I am thankful to know I am a precious daughter of a loving father who knows exactly what I need each minute of every day and for the tender mercies he slips into each day to show me how much he loves me. I am thankful I get to serve as the Young Women President and meet with 15 of most wonderful girls ever! I am thankful for a loving presidency that support me and keep me going...cause without them I would loose my mind! I am thankful for the true gospel of Jesus Christ and all of its loving details. I am also very thankful for the comforter who supports me every day and lets me remember how worth every heartache and happiness is.
I am thankful for an extended family that branches out forever. I am thankful I know what comes after this life so death isn't scary. I'm thankful for my 17 sisters and 13 brothers. I'm thankful for my wonderful parents who taught me to love God. I'm thankful for a sweet mother-in-law who calls even though I miss most of her calls.
I am thankful to be in school. I love learning! I had forgotten how much I love it! I can't wait to be more useful. I am thankful I can read and write cause that means my eyes work! I'm thankful I can study because that means I do have a mind that belongs to someone who can better themselves.
I am thankful for the Book of Mormon and the peace I feel everytime I read it. I am thankful for the truths that it teaches and the real heros it tells about. I am thankful for the missionaries who teach about it. I am thankful for the priesthood worthy men hold, because that means I can have blessings and still expect miracles in this crazy world.
I am thankful for the temple of God and the chance to be an eternal family. I love being in the temple.
I am so thankful for my grandparents. I miss them so much! I am thankful for the examples of righteousness they have been in my life. I am thankful for their love and support.
I am thankful for friends who listen, love, laugh, argue, tell it how it is, support, cry, and all the other things I forget to do by myself.
There are so many more things to be thankful for...but I have to study. I am thankful to be alive and here doing what I'm doing so I can be "there" eventually!
No comments:
Post a Comment