Sunday, December 19, 2010
They Gave Up Their Christmas
I love this video! We had the opportunity to serve in this very vineyard when we lived in Merced. Our ward is assigned a few rows out there. We were only going to be in Merced for a few months but we figured...hey how often do a couple of Idaho country kids get to pick grapes in a vineyard? So Brian and I signed ourselves and Ethan up for a picking. It was a great lesson for Ethan, who had just turned 7. He wasn't exactly excited to spend the day in 115 degree heat in a dusty, sticky, spider crawling vineyard. He asked us what the grapes were for and Brian explained the church welfare system to him. My little 7 year old boy was so touched and humbled by the fact that he could help feed hungry people world wide that he didn't complain again! I have never seen him work so hard! He is a great example to me. If there is a service to render, do it! But do it well! I will forever cherish this place and that incredible experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I read about these amazing Saints in the Ensign, but watching the video totally made me cry! We used to have vineyards here in Utah that we'd go pick grapes and things, but they got rid of them for some reason. I wish they still had them here. I remember what great lessons I learned from going to help when I was younger, but I know there's so many other ways we can serve! What a neat story. Thanks for sharing the video clip!
Post a Comment