I have had a really bad experience with allergies my entire life. The last couple weeks I was very light headed because of them. I finally went to Dr. Sohn (a wonderful allergist in Wayne). She tested me and we found out that the shots in Idaho have worked...but the problem still seems to be dust. She put me on 7 prescriptions for now just to get me hopefully back to normal.
The day after I went to the doc I was running down the basement stairs to get Brian's uniform out of the dryer... got dizzy and fell down the rest of the stairs to the concrete below. I hit my hip, landed on my knees and smashed my right side.
Normally I don't think this would have been a bad think except that ever since my nearly fatal accident back in 2005 I have had horrific back problems. I stayed in bed Friday-Sunday and would have still been there today if it weren't for my beautiful friend So-Young. She is a massage therapist who graciously offered to fit me into her schedule. She gave me my first ever full body massage and I can't even begin to explain the relief I felt. She has MAGIC hands!
She was pretty concerned about the scar tissue that had formed from my 4 c-sections and other surgeries. She was upset about the pain it caused me so she spent some time trying to relieve it.
After I was done with the massage the chiropractor that she works with asked if he could help. I figured "why not" and went in for an adjustment. While we were talking I was explaining the pain I have had non stop in my right inguinal area for the last 13 years. He got out the ultra-sound and worked in the same spot as So-Young and I am telling you! I sneezed for the first time in 13 years without having to double over from pain!
I have lived with the pain from scar tissue for so long that I figured I would just always have it. I even got to the point where I could understand (though I would never do it) those people who choose to end their life when living with chronic pain. Every time I sneeze now I can't help but cry cause I am so relieved that it doesn't hurt.
If anyone in the area is looking for a massage...go to So-Young. She is amazing! And she finds what is really causing the pain and does all she can to fix it for you. She definitely does not know that I owe her the gratitude of a woman who has been in debilitating pain for 13 years! That is real friendship!
1 comment:
Did you talk to the chiropractor about helping with allergies? I heard of a woman who had suffered from life long allergies and was able to have them resolved through chiropractic care. Sounds like So-Young was a life saver for you and I'm glad you can sneeze pain free!
Post a Comment