NEW JERSEY!!!!!!
In May Brian and I were messing around with jobs in Idaho and we have found that when you least expect it that is when things happen. Well, within 2 weeks Brian was hired to work for URS in Boise. We moved a month later. It was one of the hardest months of my entire life! There was not one day of that month that I didn't cry about having to leave my family and friends in Jersey. OK...if you know me at all you know that I am bawling my eyes out right now writing this! Anyone who ever thinks they have a right to talk bad about Jersey never lived there long enough to know the people who live there.
All we found were devoted friends who made you family. People who care about you, watch out for you and truly want to help if the occasion ever arises. My kids coaches were so amazing and did all they could to ensure that they learned and grew and felt a part of the team. The teachers worked hard to help each one of my kids reach their highest potential. The families of the kids friends became our family, we vacationed together, prayed together, worked together, cried together, laughed our selves silly, and loved each other. Our wonderful Caldwell ward...I will never be able to say enough about them. They made everyday worth being a continent away from blood relatives.
Yeah, I am broken hearted still. But I have to say those were the best 5 years of my life! They weren't always easy, but they were wonderful. I learned so much about myself and about other people. One of the most incredible experiences was having the privilege to go to Seton Hall for a semester. The people I met were so intelligent and fun... and I miss our conversations. I miss being a minority, I miss learning about everything. I miss campus and Father Ranieri, Doctor Choi, and scary Doctor Esther Geiran. I loved spending time in the chapel and studying stats with Iris Peppers, who taught me that I am not from America.
I was amazed at how clean New York City was, and how I didn't mind being a part of the millions of people schlepping around the city. I miss seeing the skyline from 3 near Clifton Commons. I loved being a part of the frey driving the Parkway. I was always amazed at how many quiet and beautiful places there were to go to. My favorite thing to do when I needed peace and quiet, was to gather the kids and go down the shore to Asbury park or Sandy Hook...the waves were so loud they drown out my thoughts. I miss the drives to Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania and up state New York. I totally miss the green!!!!!
I would start commenting about the lovely people but can't for fear I would miss anyone, because everyone made it so special. There are many days I want to go home, and I have to admit Jersey has become my home. I know I spent many breaths saying I wanted to come back to Idaho, but that was because I missed my family, I have never felt more at home any where else in my life than I did in Jersey.
No comments:
Post a Comment