Tuesday, February 26, 2013

our first Blue and Gold Banquet ever

My first attempt at a Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet Cake. 
Brock wanted it blue and gold checker board so that is why the cakes look like bullseyes. 
I have never used Buttercream before so this was kind of fun. 
I did a quick dirty ice job so I could move on to yet another first....

FONDANT!

 I was scared to use it because Buddy from The Cake Boss makes it look so easy and I wasn't sure it was going to be.  Honestly, it wasn't that bad!  I am looking forward to trying it again.  I enjoyed being creative.  I really do not like the taste of fondant at all, but it is fun to work with!

Please don't judge me for the bumps and wrinkels, I realized too late that I needed some kind of smoother.  I will have one for the next fondant project.

I think for the most part it turned out quite cute


3 comments:

Rikosuave said...

I'm impressed! And I agree, no one seems to blog any more, but I love reading your blog so don't stop!

Kirsten said...

Way to go! You should make Paul's birthday cake for me!

Rebekah said...

It's an awesome cake!