
April Fools Day:
I was making breakfast, Brian was in the shower, the neighbor was doing laundry. All of a sudden my kitchen sink turned itself into a polluted version of Niagara Falls! I screamed up to Brian to shut off the water. As he did the water slowed. There was about 1/2 inch of water on the floor, my drawers and cupboards were filling up. The neighbors washing machine started draining and the flow increased and Niagara began spilling over the counter tops again. The water flowed across the kitchen floor into the laundry room and pantry. I had done laundry the day before so most of my towels were on the couch. We used every towel in the house to try to contain the quickly growing lake. I ran upstairs to beg Dianne to shut off her water. As she did the waters receded again. But then a toilet flushed and I was no longer in a "this is horrible" mood I was just completely disgusted! I am sure I don't have to explain!
When all was said and done it took me 6 hours to sterilize my kitchen. Brian helped me pull out all of the drawers, empty the cupboards, but then he had to get to work. I did 3 batches of towels, used half a bottle of bleach and seriously it was 6 hours before the mess was cleaned up. When the land lady called she said, "April Fools." Yeah, not very funny!
Groundhog Day:
Saturday we got up, got breakfast going so we could get to the Dr. when they opened. Hannah had come in to sleep with Brian and I because her neck hurt. Her glands were swollen very bad from her jaw to her collar bone, so we figured we better get going early. I was making Crepe's and all was going great when all of a sudden my kitchen sink turn turned itself into a polluted version of Niagara Falls!
Brian screamed to Ethan to run up to Dianne's to have her shut off her washing machine, while the rest of us ran upstairs to grab my newly sterilized towels. The washing machine started to drain and the flow increased. The water flowed across the kitchen floor into the laundry room and pantry. We used every towel in the house to contain the quickly growing lake!
I called the land lady who sent another plumber out. I couldn't handle the thought of waisting another 6 hours sterilizing my kitchen so Hannah and I went to the doctor. 2 hours later we got to see him. He didn't even look down her throat. He took a swab and said "we will call you in the morning." Seriously he was with us 2 full minutes. When we got home I called my friend who had invited us to watch conference with them and told her the situation and that we would not make it. She told me to pack the kids! She was coming to get them. I didn't hesitate because... while I was away the plumber asked that the toilets be flushed. WRONG THING TO DO!!!!! We had boneless brown trout floating in my kitchen drawers and toilet paper soaking itself with my dishes again! The kids were rescued just in time!
Our pilot light in our water heater has been finicky and needed to be changed last month. While we were sterilizing again, we ran out of hot water. We called the land lady again, she said she needed an hour. Brian and I had not eaten at all so he told me to wash my hands good because he was taking me to dinner. We never did have hot water that night so we had a slumber party with the Ramos family. We sterilized the rest of the kitchen while listening to the last session of Sunday's conference. I don't have a reliable water heater yet, but I think ,for now we are OK with the sewer.
I was making breakfast, Brian was in the shower, the neighbor was doing laundry. All of a sudden my kitchen sink turned itself into a polluted version of Niagara Falls! I screamed up to Brian to shut off the water. As he did the water slowed. There was about 1/2 inch of water on the floor, my drawers and cupboards were filling up. The neighbors washing machine started draining and the flow increased and Niagara began spilling over the counter tops again. The water flowed across the kitchen floor into the laundry room and pantry. I had done laundry the day before so most of my towels were on the couch. We used every towel in the house to try to contain the quickly growing lake. I ran upstairs to beg Dianne to shut off her water. As she did the waters receded again. But then a toilet flushed and I was no longer in a "this is horrible" mood I was just completely disgusted! I am sure I don't have to explain!
When all was said and done it took me 6 hours to sterilize my kitchen. Brian helped me pull out all of the drawers, empty the cupboards, but then he had to get to work. I did 3 batches of towels, used half a bottle of bleach and seriously it was 6 hours before the mess was cleaned up. When the land lady called she said, "April Fools." Yeah, not very funny!
Groundhog Day:
Saturday we got up, got breakfast going so we could get to the Dr. when they opened. Hannah had come in to sleep with Brian and I because her neck hurt. Her glands were swollen very bad from her jaw to her collar bone, so we figured we better get going early. I was making Crepe's and all was going great when all of a sudden my kitchen sink turn turned itself into a polluted version of Niagara Falls!
Brian screamed to Ethan to run up to Dianne's to have her shut off her washing machine, while the rest of us ran upstairs to grab my newly sterilized towels. The washing machine started to drain and the flow increased. The water flowed across the kitchen floor into the laundry room and pantry. We used every towel in the house to contain the quickly growing lake! I called the land lady who sent another plumber out. I couldn't handle the thought of waisting another 6 hours sterilizing my kitchen so Hannah and I went to the doctor. 2 hours later we got to see him. He didn't even look down her throat. He took a swab and said "we will call you in the morning." Seriously he was with us 2 full minutes. When we got home I called my friend who had invited us to watch conference with them and told her the situation and that we would not make it. She told me to pack the kids! She was coming to get them. I didn't hesitate because... while I was away the plumber asked that the toilets be flushed. WRONG THING TO DO!!!!! We had boneless brown trout floating in my kitchen drawers and toilet paper soaking itself with my dishes again! The kids were rescued just in time!
Our pilot light in our water heater has been finicky and needed to be changed last month. While we were sterilizing again, we ran out of hot water. We called the land lady again, she said she needed an hour. Brian and I had not eaten at all so he told me to wash my hands good because he was taking me to dinner. We never did have hot water that night so we had a slumber party with the Ramos family. We sterilized the rest of the kitchen while listening to the last session of Sunday's conference. I don't have a reliable water heater yet, but I think ,for now we are OK with the sewer.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! What a "CRAPPY" weekend! No, seriously, I am SOOOOOOO sorry you had to deal with all of that! Sounds like they need to just start all over with the plumbing in your house! I HOPE that nothing happens again, because I would have to move out after the third time! You are such a trooper! I'm glad that you have friends over there to help you out in times like that! YIKES!
Post a Comment