When Brian called from Virginia the other night he mentioned there had been some tornadoes around him from a tropical storm that had blown threw. I couldn't help but remember when we were in Virginia as a family one summer. The first hurricane of the season missed us but had turned into a tropical storm when it did hit. We lived in a townhouse in Glen Allen, right across from the tennis courts. They predicted about 10 inches of rain in 3 hours if I remember right...i could be wrong, but not far off. Anyway when it hit the kids were asleep so Brian and I locked the door to the house and went out to play tennis.
It was incredible how much water there was. We couldn't see the ball most of the time, when you could see it the water spewed off the ball. It is one of my most favorite memories with Brian. We had such a good time that night.
It was shortly thereafter we heard Kenny Chesney singing Something Sexy 'Bout the Rain. For some reason that song now reminds me of that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment