Monday, April 14, 2008

Brock's Orientation

Today was Brock's kindergarten orientation. At 1:00 he was begging me to hurry. I couldn't figure out what we were in a hurry for. His Orientation was across the driveway at the school at 2:00. I finally figured out he was worried we were going to miss it. I told him it didn't start for and hour.

At 1:10 he started bugging me again about not wanting to "miss my meeting!" I explained again the time frame for him. He seemed content, for the time being. He asked me 6 more times if we were going to "miss my meeting?" Needless to say we left early and he was very much on time for "his meeting."

He is SOOOOOO very excited to go to school next year. All the new kindergarten students and parents meet at the school, the kindergarten teacher takes the kids to "their classroom" and the parents are lead to the library. Brock didn't hesitate when they asked the kids to leave their parents. I was quite proud, I didn't cry. Once we got to the library and Mr. Kearny, the principal, started saying he hoped we were all comfortable, that our kids were in good hands, I got teary! I didn't cry!yet....we haven't had the first day of school.

No comments: