At work today Brian witnessed a construction accident. He was on the 14th floor of the PwC building when he noticed the rope holding a large construction bucket start to violently shake. The rope broke and the bucket fell about 20 stories. Luckily only one person was close enough to feel the effect. Unfortunately the guy broke both his legs. Here is a link to read the story. Brian was quoted in the New York Post! Cool aye?
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01302009/news/regionalnews/manhattan/worker_falls_near_new_york_public_librar_152793.htm
4 comments:
It's always fun to have something exciting to talk about at the end of the day, isn't it? :)
That is so scarry...lesson taught is do not walk underneath construction sites...poor guy who was hurt...that is really terrible
Crazy! That's awful! Hey, Marci, I have a friend who is gonna go to New York this summer, and she's lookin' for help to decide what to do... where to stay... etc. I'm givin' her your e-mail if that's okay, and I told her to check out your blog. I hope that's okay! :)
Hi Megan. I am a friend of Charms and I am coming on a trip to NYC in Aug. We will be there for TWO FULL DAYS (and two 1/2 days)and I am wondering if you can give me any guidance in our planning. We are wanting to stay downtown but I'm sure the prices are too high. SO...if we stay just outside, have you heard of any hotels that are good (that shuttle you in to town for free) We know the basic MUST SEES , but if you have any suggestions about our travel out there, I'd GRATELY appreciate it. Have a great day. Feel free to email me back at natashaireland14@gmail.com
THANKS AGAIN
Post a Comment