Thursday, October 22, 2009

Goose Foie Gras

My neighbor Toni (the chef) went into the city to buy some goose pate'. This isn't just any goose pate', "its GOOSE FOIE GRAS with Truffles, they import it, it is made of the finest, fattiest goose liver."

We were at Rento's house a few days ago and Toni shared what was left of her incredible buy. Now I have to admit I have NEVER wanted to try liver again since my dad cooked liver and onions when I was a small girl, but I gave it a shot because....well... it was Toni suggesting that I do it and I trust her with my taste buds. So, she handed me a cracker with the finest fattiest goose liver pate' ever and I actually didn't mind it. It has a smooth taste and a good flavor. The first real taste made me wonder, but as I tasted it again I did like it. However, I can't say I would ever buy it myself, but I wouldn't turn it down if someone else did.

See Goose Foie Gras with Truffles is $207.84 a pound. NO KIDDING!!!!!! She got .155 of a pound for $32.22. "It was a good buy, and she did try to find the one that would be less than $50!" Joe, her husband was in a momentary shock, and basically forbade her from ever buying it again when he found out the price. But he loves it almost as much as she does so I bet she gets another chunk in the next few years! =-) You gotta love those dedicated Italian Chefs! I know I Love ya Antonia!

1 comment:

The Kay Family said...

YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! You are more daring than me.