I have received a few less than happy comments from folks testifying against me and my inability to get a blog written lately. I want to walk you all through a day in my life right now so you will understand my predicament. Please understand that my lack of blogging is only because of lack of time, not lack of love for you!
7:00 am wake up, morning prayers for patience and understanding before I start my day and a quick shower
7:30 am make 5 lunches while trying to coerce children to hurry and get ready for school, stop playing, put the light saber down and for goodness sakes stop chasing each other around the house and just get yourselves dressed already...all with a smile plastered on my face
8:00 am scriptures, family prayer, and breakfast with the family
8:15 am get Ethan on the bus and Brian out the door with hugs and kisses and I love you signs
Whew! Two down, three to go....Breathe
8:20 am argue with Brock on the reasons we have to brush our teeth two times (at least) EVERY SINGLE DAY! Do the girls hair and yes Hannah you DO have to wear your hair like that because you weren't specific on what you really wanted before I got this beautiful french braid done!....FINE I will change it if you will stop whining and throwing a fit!
DEEP BREATH!
8:35 am mention to Brock that I will be leaving the house in .2 seconds and if he doesn't get his shoes on immediately he WILL BE LEFT HOME!
WOW! We made it to the car! without any real screaming on my part, just a more stern voice.
8:37 am drop Hannah and Brock off at school with hugs and kisses and honest to goodness feelings of love for the little nuckle heads!
8:39 am rush home to see Bella off on the bus with hugs and kisses and a another daily dose of I'm sorry I can't pick you up from school cause you get out the same time Hannah and Brock do and I have to be there to pick them up because they don't have a nice bus to ride like you do baby!
8:45 am try to make myself presentable for work, sort laundry and throw a batch in. Find my apron and look around at my less than clean home and again start wishing I could get more than just the dishes and laundry washed.
9:35 am get out the door for work
2:45 pm get off work and rush home, change clothes, start pulling things out of the freezer so I can pretend I have some kind of clue what dinner is supposed to be. Fix a quick and healthy after school snack
3:12 pm out the door to grab Hannah and Brock from school. Think to myself how sweet Brock is to me the first few seconds he sees me everyday after school and wonder how in the world homework can transform such a sweet child into a homework monster. Give hugs and kisses and ask how school was and walk up the hill to the car while listening to two kids tell me of their adventures for the last 6 hours simultaneously.
3:25 pm get scared by Ethan as we walk into the house, get a hug and kiss from him. Put food in front of kids as I get together thoughts on dinner and beg kids to start homework promising freedom as soon as they get it done. Sit them all down and hear the 3 of them find pencils and sharpeners and "get started"
3:55 pm start to beg Brock to do his homework. Its only 3 questions of math that will seriously only take 5 minutes and read your book...10 minutes, and a little spelling...10 more minutes, you could have been done by now Brock. You could be riding your bike and having a catch with anyone else who is done...just sit down for 25 minutes and get it done. I know you think you have better things to do with your time, but homework is important and you need to do the things you are responsible for before you play.
4:00 pm (Brock) YEAH Bella is home! Don't you dare walk out that door mister! Sit back down and do your homework! You can sit by Bella while she does hers and you two can do it together.
4:15 pm MOM Brock won't be quiet! He keeps singing loud and annoying songs so I can't do my homework! Brock quit being so loud while everyone is trying to finish their homework. The older kids have really hard stuff they have to focus on. Brock have you even started your homework yet? They NEVER LET ME SING! I LIKE TO SING! AND I LIKE THE ANNOYING SONGS! Lets get your homework done and you can sing outside with the birds.
4:25 pm forget dinner for now and sit back down with Brock and make him finish his homework while keeping the peace and trying to keep him from humming cause....mom it isn't singing!
5:00 pm dinner is brilliant and finally ready, gather my people to the table to eat
5:15 pm beg Brock to HURRY and eat cause one of the 4 of them have a baseball game we have to leave for by 5:30
5:30 pm tell Brock he's gonna have to bring his dinner with him cause we are late. Find out that we are missing the "ball player's" glove, cleat, or sock and they just realized it.
5:35 pm locate missing item..(and only cause we had to have a prayer to find it!) throw kids into the van and get to the field a few minutes into the pre-game warm up.
6:00 pm game starts and I actually get to sit for a while! Whew! Where is your brother? Where is your sister?
8:00 pm gather missing children and head for home
8:10 pm coerce kids to brush teeth and get jammies on, what do you mean you don't have any jammies? I washed ALL the clothes yesterday...oh! they're all still on the couch cause no one in this family has a second to fold clothes...lucky you they are clean! Go get em on. Please do it now. Now in my time, not yours! Put the transformers away its time for bed. Girls, now is not the time to start coloring a beautiful picture...your teeth still need brushed. Fine, if you really need to be a ninja tonight...wear the costume to bed. Did you floss those teeth? Did you brush them yet? What do you mean you didn't finish your homework? I would love to wake up at 6:00 in the morning to help you finish then! You really think it can be done in 10 minutes?
8:30 pm time for prayer...could everyone please come in here? Yes I am serious. Please don't tease your sister before prayer. Could you stop giggling? We need to be reverent before we pray. Could everyone please close their eyes? Yes it is your turn. No you didn't say it for lunch you were at school. You did get your homework done! Splendid!
8:45 pm finally get to have family prayer, k, everyone in bed. I love you all! I love you too! Of course I love you too! Yes I love you too! NO I don't love anyone more than anyone else! You are all my favorite. Good night. Good night. Good night! Good night I love you too! Why are you out of bed? You went to the bathroom 2 minutes ago. Hurry. OK, good night! I love you too! Love you too! Good night!
9:00 pm last good night said and kids in bed, lights out! MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR MOM!!!!!!! YIPPEE!
9:05 pm Dad walks through door and YELLS HEY GUYS I'M HOME!
9:05:10 pm as I walk to the kitchen to tell him hi and to shush, all 4 kids come running for dad. OH JEEZ! I just gottem to bed!
9:06 pm chaos and craziness reigns
9:30 pm honey, they really need to get to bed...they have school tomorrow.
9:45 pm hey babe, could you get them to bed, they are going to be tired. You don't have to listen to the whining after school...I need them asleep!
10:00 pm last kid in bed..."good night, I love you!" said forty million times again, every single one heartfelt and sincere.
10:10 pm prayers, and read scriptures cause I promised my laurel class I would finish my personal progress with them which means finishing the Book Of Mormon by May.
10:45 pm asleep...did I even kiss my husband good night?
the only variation to this senario is Tuesday night when I have Young Women's at 7:00 pm- about 9:00 pm. Yes I still have ball games that night too.
So I will do the best I can until the baseball season is over. Hugs and kisses to you all!
1 comment:
I'm sorry your life is so stress right now, Marci! Hang in there! As I was reading your blog I thought of this cute video from Hilary Weeks. Hopefully you enjoy it! It fits perfectly with what you're dealing with right now it sounds like. Love you! Hang in there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6ujADXp0dM&feature=player_embedded
Post a Comment