Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm grateful

Today was fast Sunday, and I fasted to show gratitude to Heavenly Father for all he has given me. Here are a few of the 100's of things I thought of today, not in order of importance....

#1 I am so grateful for the health of my kids and Brian. I have two cousins fighting cancer right now and I know I just don't have the strength to go through something so terrifying as that.

Robert has 3 kids and it is just a matter of time before we loose him, his wife is so amazing to me! I do not know how she is doing it! I read her blog and sob!

Cody is doing better since his last transplant and I thank my Father in Heaven for that!

#2 I am so grateful for the trials I have because I know it could always be worse! I find some comfort in knowing that Heavenly Father will never give me anything I can't handle. So whatever I'm going through I know if I continue to obey the commandments and follow the gospel it will be OK.

#3 I'm grateful for my belief in God, who He is and who I am in relation to Him.

#4 I'm grateful I get to stay in Little Falls. I am finally home and I love it. I love being so close to the shore, the city, rivers, lakes, mountains, baseball, good Italian/Irish people...I LOVE JERSEY!

#5 I'm grateful for my Young Women and the wonderful women I get to work with. (tear, sniff)

#6 I'm grateful for a real life prophet who loves us and leads us.

#7 I'm grateful for Brian. There's too much to say and not enough room. "I love him" will have to suffice. (BIG TEAR, BIG SNIFF!)

#8 I'm grateful for forgiveness

#9 I'm grateful for my Savior's love

#10 I'm grateful for music

#11 I'm grateful for YOU!

and oh so many more things I just can't even get into!

I love counting my blessings...it really changes my attitude.

1 comment:

Darwin + Kiara said...

Amen, Marci! I reflect on my life pretty frequently and wonder what I ever did to be so blessed. Sometimes I feel like my heart is going to burst with gratitude for all that Heavenly Father has blessed me with. Man! What a debt I owe Him!

Love you guys!