I'm not sure why I can't copy and paste the letter on here...I'll have to work on it, but for those of you who have asked how my parents are doing on their mission here you go! Their farewell was Sunday. They left right after and spent the night in Salt Lake. They drove to the Missionary Training Center in Provo the next day and started their lessons. There isn't enough room in the MTC for mom and dad (and a few other Senior couples) so the church is putting them up in the Super 8. Dad has been sick the last few days so mom has been going to class on her own. She has been really nervous about that, but the other Senior Couples have been very kind and helpful to her. The District Leader and his wife have been especially kind and helpful while dad has been sick. Mom says she is feeling less nervous because of the love and support from everyone. (I'm so relieved. MY MOM!!! Silly girl and her nerves!)
They were able to see my cousin Colton who had to come home from his mission a few months ago to have surgery. He is now back to the MTC and is waiting his visa to go back to England. (Colton is another cousin related to Elder Clark) I think they really enjoyed seeing him. Anyway...Mom is hoping to stay with her big brother, Uncle Delynn, one night on their way through Utah and then another night with my sister Rebekah (the one who recently moved from Jersey) when they drive through Colorado. Sounds like this experience is going to be REALLY great for mom! And of course dad too, but mom especially!
I am SOOOOO excited that they are doing this! I'm so pleased they chose to take 18 months of their retirement to serve God and the people of Tallahassee.
They were able to see my cousin Colton who had to come home from his mission a few months ago to have surgery. He is now back to the MTC and is waiting his visa to go back to England. (Colton is another cousin related to Elder Clark) I think they really enjoyed seeing him. Anyway...Mom is hoping to stay with her big brother, Uncle Delynn, one night on their way through Utah and then another night with my sister Rebekah (the one who recently moved from Jersey) when they drive through Colorado. Sounds like this experience is going to be REALLY great for mom! And of course dad too, but mom especially!
I am SOOOOO excited that they are doing this! I'm so pleased they chose to take 18 months of their retirement to serve God and the people of Tallahassee.
1 comment:
Ok...so I LOVE THIS BLOG....it is so DANG CUTE!!!!! Love all the pics as well...hope your making it through the day...
love Ri
Post a Comment