Monday, October 10, 2011

Jocky Hollow on Columbus Day


We have been so busy every weekend since August 13th, packing, moving, hurricane Irene, and then clean up for the last month and half. The kids were begging to take a day and go on a small road trip since we had Columbus day off. (all of us except Brian) so I took the kids to Jocky Hollow.


This is one of General George Washington's winter encampments. He spent the winter of 1779 here. It is so beautiful!


We had a great time going through the Ford mansion and then taking a hike around the encampment. The kids really enjoyed themselves.


They got a little hungry so we stopped off at the barn for a little treat. :)



Its getting harder and harder to get all 4 kids serious enough to take a decent picture.













It was so beautiful today! The temperatures are back up in the 80's! I LOVE FALL IN JERSEY!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I'm bawling a little...