I don't have pictures, I have misplaced my camera. BUT...on Saturday the 29th of October we got a foot of snow. We were enjoying the storm until a friend of ours from on the hill called us in a panic and begged Brian and I to go collect her and her two boys because the trees around their house were snapping like twigs every 5 minutes or so. It took us about 30 mins to make a 3 minute drive! I couldn't believe it, trees and power lines were down all over town. The closest I have ever been to anything like this was when we had a micro burst in Nutley back in 2008.
Most of the trees still have green leaves, and those who have changed color haven't fallen yet. The snow was so wet it just stuck to the leaves snapping gigantic trees right in half. Literally every yard with any kind of tree lost limbs.
Our friends stayed with us, her husband wouldn't leave the house, all night. Her youngest is in Ethan's class and they are good friends. They were planning to go to church with us for the first time the next day but church was cancelled because no one could get to it to find out if it had power or not...sadly it still doesn't have power. Many friends from our ward are still without power.
I was shocked to see that Seton Hall didn't cancel classes! Everywhere you looked on campus trees and branches were broken. The kids school was delayed an hour, but they stayed home because of a persistent cough. I spent an hour at the Halloween store trying to find Ysabel a costume when I received the call that Halloween had been postponed until Friday.
WHAT??????
Who does that? It was quite a weird demand made by the Little Falls police department...but as I thought about it, it made since what with all the carnage. Halloween on November 4th, hum. Most communities are doing the same. So happy Halloween to those of you who live outside America, and for those of us who live here, we will celebrate on the 4th.
No comments:
Post a Comment