Monday, June 2, 2008

Bella and Logan's 8th Birthday





On Friday the 30th we were starting our family party plans for Ysabel's special 8th birthday when we got the notice that we would not have any water for the day. Bella had the chance to open her birthday presents from dad and I and the Grandparents Koon, (she opened the ones from Grandparents Watkins the day we got them.) We just mannaged to get Bella and Ethan off to school and Brian off to work when the water was shut off. (Almost two months later they were fixing the bad plumbing...see "April Fools") After a couple hours of trying to cope without flushing the stinking morning toilet, not washing hands, not being able to drink anything I noticed this birthday would seriously stink if we couldn't get water. Just then Rebekah called and saved us! It was also her son Logan's 8th birthdy (he and Bella are about 5 hours apart) She told me to pack up the family and spend the night with her, have the party at her house since we were going to Logan's party the next day anyway.

It was not a hard decision considering I had not been one of the lucky ones to get a shower that morning. I cried in frustration, but got the family packed and ready for the sleep-over. Rebekah got a cake with both their names on it, we had yummy taco's/salad for dinner then stayed up watching movies till late.

The next day Lizzy and I went for very needed jog, the dads took 5, 8 year olds to Prince Caspian and the moms and the other kids played. Rebekah needed to run to JoAnns for material for a quilt she was making. While we were there we found material to make summer dresses for Bella, Nan, and Kate. They are so cute. I'll have to put a picture of those in later. Anyway, despite my landladies efforts to ruin my day, and Ysabels birthday we had a great time! Thanks REBEKAH and JON!!!! OH, Saturday night we grilled a bunch of veggi's and slappin good salmon! It was great!

Ysabel had a great birthday. She loves spending time with Logan. It ended up good.

No comments: