Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I wanna check you for TICKS


NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!
One hazard of living in Jersey are the TICKS! Rebekah has had a horrible go with the buggers! Poor Sam is working on his second round of Lime Disease, and now Aaron has it too! So the whole thought makes me itch uncontrollably.
Last night I had Bella get Brock's sheets out of the dryer, she did it and I immediately got them on his bed since it was bedtime. As I flicked his top sheet across the bed I saw a small black dot on the top of it. (Tender Mercy!!!!!!) I was given the thought to check out the black dot. So I did...IT WAS A TICK!!!!!! Y-U-C-K-Y!!!!! (Crazy "get it the heck off" dance done at this time!)

Try and tell me you aren't cringing right now!

The poor kid was petrified of sleeping in his bed. I tried to convince him that Heavenly Father was the one who told me to check the "dot" and if there were more he would have had me check further...but we are ok. NO GO! He wasn't about to sleep in those sheets. I had to prove to him there weren't anymore. He had to witness me throwing back his covers to peek at every nook and cranny! ( I personally don't blame the poor little whipper snapper!) Somewhat satisfied he finally got into bed. Once that terror was put to rest and Brock could snuggle with peace of mind I kissed the boys good night.

I went in to kiss the girls good night and couldn't find Bella! I looked down at Hannah's bed and found my missing child. Hannah had made Ysabel sleep with her. She wasn't going to sleep alone with ticks on the loose! The girls had even grabbed an extention cord and Jerry Rigged it so they could hang their night light from the bunk bed so they had all the light necessary to see a tick sneeking up on them. Horrible isn't it?!

No comments: