Thursday, June 12, 2008

JERSEY SHORE

Since we didn't have power Wednesday and the kids didn't have school, Brian decided to take a vacation day so we could take the kids to the beach. We first drove around Nutley to assess the damage, then took off so we could relax. It was so beautiful! We ended up at a beach near Neptune NJ. There weren't many people around so it made it really nice.
The kids and I made a sand castle equipt with a moat so the impending doom caused by the surf would be put off for a little while. (I jammed my finger digging furiously in the sand as a wave threatened our beloved little Kingdom.)
Others of the family (BRIAN the TIRED) enjoyed the very much needed vitamin D, peace, quiet, and rest while napping on the beach...(photo of Brian omitted to save the innocent guy, but I do have one for blackmail later if needed!)
It turned out to be a very fun day! We even returned home to have our power restored!

2 comments:

James and Natalie said...

Looks like the kids had fun. And by the way, they could not be any cuter. I love and miss the Jersey shore. You guys are so smart to escape the heat that way. I hope the move is going okay. Hang in there.

Sammie K said...

Sorry, I didn't realize that my hubby was logged in until I hit publish. That above comment was me, Natalie Kewish. ;)