I owe this idea to Wes Whitehead. I didn't know how exactly to start a seed. At the New Year's party he taught me how to do this....these are grapefruit trees. Wes and Nikki have a few growing around their house and I wanted to try it. Now I have two happy little trees growing. Brian and I love Mangos so the little container on the left in the third picture is hopefully going to be a mango tree someday....we will see.
Anyway, if you want to try it...you take seeds from your grapefruit or orange, or in my case...a mango. Place them in a plastic bag on a wet paper towel. Place the bag in a sunny window and wait about 3 weeks. Then plant the things. Put the pot in the same sunny window and wait again...hopefully all will go well and you will have cute little green sprouts in a few weeks. I'll keep you updated on the mango.
No comments:
Post a Comment