My Sister Mandy, her husband Darrin and their two kids Abbigayle and Dallin came from Rigby, Idaho to visit us Wednesday. The whole family played hookie Thursday and the kids took Friday off so we could hang out with them. We had such a great time showing them around our little part of Jersey. We drove them around Jersey City, Union City, Montclaire, Caldwell, Little Falls, Nutley, Kearny, Clifton, and everything else I forgot to mention in between. They wanted to see how we live...so we showed them.
We started them off by taking them to Liberty State Park so they could see Lady Liberty. The kids had a great time chasing the geese around the park.


We couldn't let them get out of Jersey without having some authentic Jersey Pizza Pie...so of course we took them to Italian Villa Pizza in Kearny. This was our first taste of Jersey Pie and after a year and a half...it is STILL THE BEST! Joseph is the best. He has taken such good care of us since we moved here. We wanted Simmons to meet him and experience the best pie in Jersey. Joseph was as good as always to us. He snuck some Italian Ice to Dallin, then gave the older kids some once they were done eating.
We drove them to the Farmers Market on Franklin near Nutley. Mandy had never been to a farmers market. We got some great fruit for breakfast the next day. OH SO YUMMY!
We took them to our church on Mountain Avenue cause it is such a beautiful drive. Then we treated them to Callandra's Italian and French Bakery for a tasty treat. It started getting late so we got a movie and had dinner at home.

Friday Brian went to work and the kids talked me into letting them skip school. I took Mandy on Fran's 3.5 mile jog around Little Falls. I asked her how she liked Long Hill. Her reply was..."it's long!" After our jog, I had to get ready for work. Mandy and Darrin stayed home with the kids and by the time I got home they were packed and ready to go to Rebekah's.
All of us spent the night at Rebekah's because she volunteered to take the kids while Bri and I took Mandy and Darrin to NYC. And that will be the next post! We had such a great time visiting with them. Haven't seen them in 17 months! Dallin has gotten so big and Abbi looks so much older! We are so glad they came!
3 comments:
That looks like a blast. I have a sister named Mandy too!
I feel like i haven't seen you in a long time. Is it too late to meet your family? Are they all gone? I'm bummed i couldn't meet them. Sounds like you had a blast. Thanks for the plug on my 3.5 mile run! Nice.
oh and a new blog design...loving it!
Post a Comment