The title explains it all! I wasn't going to blog this because the topic is a bit humiliating, but its part of life...so here goes!~
Monday I went to pick up Mom, Dad, Kirsten and her son Lincoln from the airport. They were going to spend the night with us, then head into the city with Rebekah Tuesday morning. I have to preface this with the part of the story that began back in January. Brian and I wanted to get the van registered in Jersey cause our Idaho registration was up on Feb. We have heard horror stories about licensing in Jersey so we thought we should start early...turns out we needed a title transfer, blah blah blah...so it didn't happen the first time we tried.
5 months later our title is supposed to be here, we still aren't registered and I know I am running on borrowed time. We had an envelope with all our info in it just waiting for the day (today as a matter of fact!) when everything would be ready for us to register the van. Well, the envelope was sitting home on the counter when I went to pick the family up. I was at the airport for 2 whole minutes by the time we got everyone loaded and were heading out. Dad tells me to get out of there cause a cop was coming up to us.
Knowing how lost you can get at the Newark airport I wanted to hurry and set the gps so we at least got on the right road out...well the cop pulls me over tells me my registration is up and that he is going to impound the car. I thought he was joking. I did try to explain the situation, but to no avail! So they took my keys and left us stranded at the airport.
I was humiliated and pretty upset. The phrase "it is what it is" kept running through my head. THAT didn't help, it just made me more upset! I kept rebutting with "my word is my bond" which doesn't mean anything in this state...we're not in Idaho anymore TOTO!
Well, every time I have told this story to Jersey folk...they all say the same thing....WELCOME TO JERSEY! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You aren't kidding!
I have to say this...one good thing about it...My best friend really pulled through for me! She didn't have to work the next day, so we spent the day running all over getting the car registered and out of the airport impound. She is my little guardian angel. She helped me see the good in the situation when I didn't believe there could have been any. Thanks Stace!
Over $200 later, I still don't have a Jersey drivers licence because my marriage certificate isn't good enough, I have to produce an embossed marriage licence, coming in 5-10 business days (we'll see! could be 5 more months!) but my car is legal. And NO! I don't have any pictures to brag up this day...I was too...um....humiliated to bring my camera. This story does have a moral to it though! "WELCOME TO JERSEY AND MAKE SURE YOU LISTEN TO YOUR DAD NOW!!!!! cause its better to be lost than found!" Jeez! =-)
3 comments:
We had some pretty bad experiences with the DMV too. Only we didn't caught (but then again people from AZ are a LITTLE brighter then Idaho folk!) ha ha Marci you know I am kidding...right?
Anyway, I am sorry, honestly who in their right mind would want to live here Voluntarily???? It doesn't make any sense to me.
But I guess if we didn't live here then I wouldn't know you! And oh man, are you good for a few laughs! See there is a silver lining to everything.
I am on your team. I hate New Jersey.
I'm not saying I hate NJ! Just the darn DMV. OH Well! Such is life! ;)
Post a Comment