Monday, March 15, 2010

Little Falls is flooding

We had a rain storm Saturday night. To be honest with you Brian and I didn't know it was even bad. We heard the wind gusting, but never imagined the damage that was done. We left our house at 9:45 am to get to church Sunday morning and couldn't believe how our neighborhood had transformed over night...it looked like a war zone! Trees were down ALL over the place. We had to take a different route to church because streets were closed. Well...this morning we started hearing about the flooding going on in our neighborhood. I took the kids out to look at it after school today...these neighborhoods are where a lot of our friends live. It is devastating...


Behind the missionaries apartment


Car wash out by the mall/movie theater/costco

the river up on highway 23


The sushi restaurant Brian and I LOVE

Bella's school, the field out back is flooding
The road behind Bella's school




The Passaic River
more of the Passaic behind Bella's school
A business on Main Street
Blurry pix of emergency people going to help boat people to safety
On the next street over a car was stuck in the road...all you could see is the front windshield and up. I can't believe how horrible this is. Many of our friends have been evacuated. There were and still are many without power. The sad thing is...these pictures don't even represent 1/100th of the damage done. My really good friend from church who just bought a home in Lincoln Park was evacuated and is living with her husband's uncle. Pray for us!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

That is CRAZY! Aren't you glad you live on a hill?!

The Dedicated Family Historian said...

WOW I had no idea! Good luck. Hills can be very nice to live on