I don't know what is wrong with me these days!!! Where is my camera when I need it? Wednesday the13th we were gearing up to clean the house again for the 3rd time that day when around 10:30 am our dear friend and ward member (Charity Dolan) called saving us from our boredom and invited us to go to the lake in Lincoln Park with her. SOOOOO, being the great mom that I am and realizing the house would need cleaning again before bedtime anyway we would skip cleaning for the moment and go to the lake.
It really was a great day for it! I got the kids all lubed up, got myself lubed up and off we went. The lake is reminiscent of Rigby Lake. This one doesn't have an island but it is surrounded by trees and there is a nice little beach with play toys and shelters.
I love the smell of lakes, I haven't smelled one in a while since most our water activity has been at the beach this summer. For some reason the smell of a lake automatically relaxes me, I can't help but slip into a calm state and want to play like a kid again....so I did. There were a few kids trying to build a canal from the rinse spigot to the lake. We used our feet, shovels, hands, anything we had to keep the water from creating new directions. We had such a good time helping them with it. Pretty soon we had a few of the moms helping us too.
My kids learned to float while we were there! Ethan and Ysabel realized they could swim and started getting more confident once we had to leave. Charity and I are excited to take them again next week. We went back to Dolan's just as James got home. He invited us for dinner. We had THE BEST quesadillas I have ever had! Charity puts black beans, corn, cheddar cheese, monetary jack cheese, carmeled onions, and olives on them. There were a few we added some grilled chicken to. YUM!!!! We also made guacamole with lime in it...ahhhh! It was so mouth pleasing!
The girls spent the night, Brian and I took the boys home but not before we took a drive to see the lights of the city. It really is impressive! I don't think I will ever get tired of that view! I might wish to see other views at some point, but I do love to see the lights of NYC!
Thank you Dolan's for the wonderful way you saved us from ourselves!
No comments:
Post a Comment