We have been blessed with some amazing Elders the last few months. Our family was privileged enough to have the Spanish Elders over for dinner last Sunday...Elders Eatough and Flack. Those two have such a great spirit with them. Brian and I were both disappointed we were not able to spend more time getting to know them. Flack is being transferred but Eatough will stick around for a bit longer, but will become part of a Spanglish companionship.
Today we were honored to have our dear friends Elders Clark and Leyer, they are the English missionaries in our ward, over for dinner. Leyer is being transferred and Clark will stay here with Etaugh. We have had Clark over every month since he came into the mission and have become great friends with him. He has done so much for our family. These boys are great missionaries and have the spirit of the Lord with them. We have benefited greatly by having them in our home. The sad part of all this is the reason for the Spanglish companionship.
Our mission is shrinking. I as a member have not done my part to help the Elders, so they are down-sizing our mission from 140 to 120. This is not the first time in the last little while that this has been done. Our family has the missionaries over at least twice a month...they share faithful testimony of our church and the Savior. I must admit I feel guilty for not doing more to help. The Elders are doing their part. Every member a missionary, that does not exclude me.
The Lord's work and glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of men. He can't do that without the help of the members. It is my duty as members of this church to bare testimony everyday to just as many people as the full time missionaries, and tonight I have a resolve to do my best to do just that.
I have the opportunity to be an instrument in the Lords hands, to help Him bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of my brothers and sisters who have not heard the gospel. It is my duty as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to spread the gospel and happiness to the world.
I know I have not done my duty to the Lord and I feel the weight of that on my shoulders. I want to help these missionaries grow their mission, not shrink it. I know the church is true and I want to be a part of sharing happiness. I have a testimony of missionary work and I promise to do my part. I want to apologize to the faithful missionaries of this mission and to those who are waiting to hear the gospel but haven't yet because I failed to listen to the spirit. I promise to listen better and to be more helpful.
3 comments:
Marci, I see you are blog stalking tonight like me! We totally want to hang out with you guys! Between us and all our kids we could pretty much populate our own state, but hey it would be fun! We think you guys are great, and my kids always love to stare at yours to see what they are doing! Let's plan it!
Hey...what beautiful people you are....I loved your pictures..what you had...put a camera in your bag and never take it out. I have the same luck as you, forgetting my camera and seeing special things, wishing for my camera.
by the way, love the Loreena Mekenna song..she is AWESOME, I don't know anyone else who knows her.
RiLee
Marcie,
it is so fun to get caught up on you. You always do such good posts YOu truely are one of the most positive people I know. I'll be checking in again soon!
Post a Comment