Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What a Weekend!

Once again my sister and I and our cousin Mindy decided we needed to take a day to ourselves. Last Saturday we did just that. Mindy lives in Brooklyn without kids....so that was our destination of choice! Rebekah got to my house about 7:30am, we caught the bus and rode into the city. We caught two subway trains and came out just a few blocks from Mindy's place. We got out of the subway and realized we had both recently gotten new phones and neither of us had Mindy's number or address. After a few phone calls we contacted mom and got her number and address. Mindy didn't answer the phone but we found her place with great ease.

To start our day we said goodbye to Aaron then made ginger pancakes with the YUMMIEST syrup...Carmel with pear and cinnamon in it. We sliced fruit and enjoyed. We took time to chat then took a quick run to the store for lunch and dinner groceries. Her store is so quaint. the isles in the store are barely 3 feet wide. Gotta LOVE NYC!!! We got back to the apt and started some preparations for lunch and dinner. I believe we then ate an amazing lunch of spinach salad with apples, pears, blueberries, and raspberries and chicken AND some extremely tasty sweet potato fries.

Once the lunch dishes were done we started soaking our feet for our pedicures. We put mint and lavender in hot water with a bit of yummy soap and scrubbed til we got all the calluses off! Some of us took a little longer on this step than others. I have such horrible feet! We then did a sugar/baby oil scrub. This was very nice. Then we painted our toes, we did our fingers too. It felt so wonderful. We watched the best 80's movie ever..."Some kind of wonderful." And yes we did watch the KISS scene over and over.

Time flies when you are relaxing! By the time we were done with our feet it was time to start dinner. I wish I could remember the names of the food we cooked, it was mid-eastern. I LOVED IT!!!!! We did have some curried chicken and rice, a cucumber sauce and hummus type dip. We dipped all this with Whole Wheat Pita's....My mouth seriously SANG! It was the most flavorful dinner I have ever in my life had! We had a yummy carrot pudding type thing too. We also made coconut fudge and truffles.

While making and eating dinner we watched another movie...I don't' remember the name. Then we sadly had to leave. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these days. Rebekah took pictures...so when she makes good on her promise I will post those too. I got home around 10:40, Rebekah is another 45 from my house. I stayed up and watched a movie with Brian waiting for Rebekah to call and tell me she was alive...she never did. So we watched another one. We got in bed around 3. Many events happened after this...See my next post!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

i loved having you over! we need to do this more often! here's the dinner list of foods: Indian curry chicken, babaghanouj(the roasted eggplant dip), halwa ( the carrot side dish), raita (the yoguhrt and cucumber dip),and burfi(the coconut fudge). The recipes are on the Fielding Family cook book blog, except the bobaghanouj, which is on my recipe blog "She has good taste" the link is on my blog...
i bought twilight and am waiting for it to come ;' ) make sure you have a sitter and we'll do a dinner and movie inteh city in november!