Monday, October 20, 2008

THE GREAT SWAMP











Near Chatham NJ is a protected piece of land called The Great Swamp. After a VERY crazy Saturday morning (and most of the afternoon) Brian suddenly decided he HAD to get out into the country to revitalize...so we took off. We ended up at the Great Swamp. If you ever get the chance I highly recommend going in the fall if you like to see the colors. It was so peaceful back in the woods. I didn't see much wildlife except the 5 nuts that I was traveling with. The kids really enjoyed the outing as well. However, tis the season for Hannah to start struggling, poor baby! She coughed and coughed and coughed. (Yes I did call the dr, we will be in this week to check her allergies again.) She miss out on a little of the leaf fight, but tried to get into things as much as she could. She is such a trooper. The other three couldn't get enough of the leaves. The Great Swamp People say another good time of year to go (if you want to see snakes, frogs and turtles) is in the early spring....April or the first few weeks of May. I can't wait to get back!

3 comments:

Mary said...

thank you for the beautiful story said in the pictures...no words even necessary. You have caught my love affair with NJ...there is so much beyond Newark :)

Rebekah said...

I still can't believe you did this without us. WHATEVER! :)

charm said...

You guys always do the funnest things!!! And can I just say your kids are gorgeous!?! They really are. I'm so glad that you guys are doing good there.