
Mindy, Rebekah and I found out that Robert Pattinson was going to be at the Apple Store in SOHO. He is playing Edward in Twilight... We decided to do a crazy girly thing and go see him. On our way into the city Mindy called to tell us they were only giving out 100 tickets and we were not in the first 100 people. Because of traffic we didn't get into Manhattan until aound 7. Even though we couldn't see Robert we wanted to at lease walk past the store to see if we could see him. We were early so we figured we would eat first at an Indian restaurant. The food was SERIOUSLY SPICEY!!!!!! BUT extremely tasty. 

Once we got done eating we walked to the Apple Store. Just as we got there I realized my tongue was swollen, my throat was closing off and I was struggling to breathe! (I did touch the store though hee hee hee)
We noticed a Duane Reed store just about a block away. We got there just in time to buy some Bennadryl and get it down before I got seriously loopy. The only problem was...we bought pills. I took 2 pills but things were not getting better. Rebekah called her RS president ,
Mindy called Aunt Vicki, both of which are nurses. They said I should get to a hospital NOW because I would need an Eppi Pen. Mindy went back inside and bought more Bennadryl (liquid this time) and I guzzled about 1/3 of the bottle. I couldn't think straight for lack of oxygen. I was scared. The worst part was trying to figure out how to get to the hospital. Rebekah had just bought our food and didn't really want to pay $200 bucks to get us a cab. I wasn't sure my insurance would pay for the ambulance ride if they didn't admit me, if we did go to the hospital we would miss the last bus out of the city, so we sat there for a bit to see if the Bennadryl would work. It took about 20 minutes but I did start feeling a definite difference, I could breathe again. My brain started working better once the oxygen got back into my system. But then I just started getting tired.
Mindy called Aunt Vicki, both of which are nurses. They said I should get to a hospital NOW because I would need an Eppi Pen. Mindy went back inside and bought more Bennadryl (liquid this time) and I guzzled about 1/3 of the bottle. I couldn't think straight for lack of oxygen. I was scared. The worst part was trying to figure out how to get to the hospital. Rebekah had just bought our food and didn't really want to pay $200 bucks to get us a cab. I wasn't sure my insurance would pay for the ambulance ride if they didn't admit me, if we did go to the hospital we would miss the last bus out of the city, so we sat there for a bit to see if the Bennadryl would work. It took about 20 minutes but I did start feeling a definite difference, I could breathe again. My brain started working better once the oxygen got back into my system. But then I just started getting tired.
I am soooo PUT OUT that we didn't get to see Robert! It would have been so much fun! I had asked Brian before we left if he minded if I got a picture of Robert kissing me on the cheek. He said if I was going to get a picture of the two of us he wanted a picture of Robert biting my neck. What a GOOD husband huh?

I spent yesterday in bed recovering from the whole ordeal. Seriously, I slept until 11:45 am, luckily the kids had the day off school. Brian took the day off work so he could watch the kids for me. My goodness, allergies can sure kick your butt! My throat, neck, back and chest hurt so bad yesterday! I feel so much better today...I am just sooooo sad. It would have been a funner story to tell about Robert and to post pictures of him biting my neck, rather than a pathetic allergic-reaction-almost-dying-in-SOHO-because-we-didn't-want-to-pay-for-a-cab-or-an-ambulance Story!

4 comments:
Wow, Marci-
Did you know you were allergic to Indian food? That would be scary. I'm glad you're doing better. I wish you could have met Edward! I only read Twilight, but maybe adventually, I'll get the other 3 read. Take care of yourself!
So, has this happened before??? scary, I am not allergic to anything and that would freak me out. So do you know what caused it? Glad you are ok though!
Oh and your hubby is awesome! not a lot of guys would let another man bite their wife's neck! HA
Scary!!! You... little lady... need to listen to those nurses!!! You're lucky you've been doing something right, cuz someone was DEFINITELY watching out for you!!! You ought to think about getting an epi pen to carry around with ya... with allergies like that!!! YIKES!! I'm SO glad you are okay!
I am just sorry you didn't get to see Robert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment