Sunday, March 22, 2009

Harry

We buried our beloved Harry today. It was a small service, but very much Harry. It was said today how wonderful it was to serve him, but the thing noticed by all of us was how much each of us was impacted by him. I love that aspect of service....when you are in the service of your fellow beings you are only in the service of your God (mosiah 2:17)....that is so true. And because you are willing to give your life for a while to other people the Lord makes sure your life is touched because of your sacrifice.

I have to admit, I have never been so impacted by serving someone as I was being with Harry. He taught me to have patience in my afflictions and gratitude for those who serve. He taught me endurance and charity.

Elder Reay made these videos of Harry. You can see the oreo on his beard if you look hard. I will miss the oreo kiss! God be with you till we meet again Harry! Thanks for your wisdom and love.