Monday, March 9, 2009

HARRY

I wrote this a couple weeks ago and forgot about it. I thought it appropriate to post now that Harry is gone. Some may be redundant...but it is what it is.







This deserves to be shouted out loud! Harry has a working toilet! YEAY!!!! YIPPY!!!! YAHOO!!!!!





Harry is a 90 year old man in our ward. My RS president and I have been taking him food since he can't get out on his own. A few WONDERFUL sisters have also been helping us clean his house. Harry has dementia and forgets some things. He is very gentle and fun!





Sadly one day we found out that Harry's toilet was not working, neither were a few of his lights. He had been neglected by his grandson, who according to Harry, only came over to steal from him. Harry does have dementia, so we don't know exactly what the truth is on all of it, but he never said anything about his toilet. We found out he had been trying to stuff "it" and I don't mean the toilet...down his bathroom sink.





We got some people "working" on it, but everyone has been busy and working extra hours to keep their jobs...so unfortunately Harry's toilet was put off. Well this Saturday a GOOD Samaritan...I won't say their name because he doesn't want praise for it....went over, bought Harry a toilet and got the brand new one running. Yesterday this same person went back over with a friend to move the old toilet to the curb for garbage pick-up, but it was already moved so the two friends fixed Harry's lights so he could see in his house. THANK YOU!!!





About the toilet mover: Harry said some guy was there after church and he had this guy move it for him. Harry couldn't remember who the guy was...but I feel terrible for him...his church clothes had to be covered in unpleasantness because there was a trail of it from the porch to the curb. I am so pleased to hear someone would do that for Harry! Whomever you are....thank you!





There are a few of us ladies from the church and a couple of the men who are going over Tuesday to clean up Harry's house. I'm so excited to see his face when he tells us about his new Toilet!





Another endearing point is that Harry LOVES oreo's! He is always eating them. Harry is not the most clean person, he hasn't got much water pressure in his house, and he has a tall bathtub...he is old...I'm sure you can imagine what I am talking about....anyway, Harry loves oreo's. He is always eating them! His white beard always has oreo crumbs in it. Before I can leave he gives me a Jersey kiss and I always walk away with a black streak on my face from his oreo's. I LOVE that!





I didn't tell you about Harry to brag about any good works or anything like that...I am just so happy he has a working toilet. According to him his toilet hasn't been working for over a year! So.... this is amazing news! Tear worthy for those who know and love Harry.





I am going to try to get a picture of him for my blog. He is the sweetest man! He has a white beard and white hair, and is so loving!





No comments: