Friday, March 13, 2009

Delwin Roy Fielding

Some days I just "get it" better than others. Today I get it. I see things differently from time to time and being back with the Young Women I am seeing things like I did when I was 12-18 years old. I just wanted to tell you what kept me going strong when I was a kid. People kid me about being pathetic because I never really did anything "wrong" growing up. But there is a good reason for that. Delwin Roy Fielding. My maternal Grandpa.




I never wanted to do anything that would make him disappointed in me. I loved him and respected him like no other person on earth. He was a gentle and loving grandpa. He was the hardest working man I have ever seen in my life. If there was work to be done, he was doing it. He wasn't doing it to get gain, or to become rich. Most of the work Grandpa did was simply to help other people. He is the closest thing to Charity that I have personally seen. He was so humble.

People treat my family different when they find out we are his grand kids, it has nothing to do with who we are, it is strictly out of memory for such a worthy man.



I could feel how special and kind he was when he was alive. I always knew I was welcome around him. I saw so much of his example when he was alive. I didn't know how much more I would see now that he is gone and it makes me miss him so much worse. He was incredible.

So to honor him and his life work...to serve, I'm going to continue doing what I have done my whole life and continue trying to never disappoint my dear grandpa.


No comments: