I have great friends! And because of that fact, I got to go to Idaho for a weekend by myself. My flight from Newark to SLC was delayed 2 hours Thursday night. So I got to sit in the airport with a sweet girl about my age and chat and worry about how exactly I was going to get to Idaho tonight. Well, 4 hours after I got to the Newark airport we boarded. My new friend Amanda Greener was about 10 seats in front of me and I didn't really get a chance to chat with her again...but we have become fb friends. Anyway, once we got boarded we waited about 15 minutes and the captain finally came on and mentioned that the engines wouldn't start and that we were waiting for a jump!
WHAT THE HECK!!!
Seriously! Sure jump a car and the worst that can happen is your car dies and you coast to the side of the road! What happens if your plane dies in the air...its not like you just coast gently to the side of the air!!!! You can't pull over to the nearest cloud and just wait for AAA to come give you another jump!
That isn't the best part! Next comment from our captain is....he is pretty sure that once we get engine one going that engine two should start up as we hit the runway!
EXCUSE ME???!!!!!
I seriously need to wait until tomorrow to try this all again! I wanna go home! I wanna LIVE!
Another 1/2 hour goes by and he gets on all excited like and tells us they got engine one going and we're gonna try engine two as we go to lift off.
Now I have a white nuckle grip on my seat! I'm exhausted and for the first time flying by myself I have to admit I'm praying God plans to let me make it to Salt Lake like my pioneer ancestors!
YEAH!!!! engine two is working! We're gonna live!
about 10 minutes into the air...WOAH! what the heck? did we loose engine two? OH! just turbulance! I'm ok! (There was pretty much constant turbluance for at least 3.5 hours of this safe and comforting flight! NO big deal, considering we had to JUMP the darn plane to get it off the run way!
Well, because of our little experience, I missed my flight from SLC to Idaho Falls. We got into SLC around 1 am , so Delta put me up in a hotel to wait for my flight to IF at 11:00am later that morning. Brian being a good husband and knowing I didn't want to miss most of my day with my friends rented me a car so I could get up early and drive to Rexburg.
Sarah and Annalee had gotten us manicures/pedicures and me a haircut scheduled for 10 am...there was NO WAY I was going to miss that. I got up at 5:30, packed, ate breakfast then drove like a woman with a purpose...90 mph to IF airport, where I had to return my car. Sarah met me there and we took off to make our appointment with Annalee.
It was so worth being tired! There is something wonderful about being pampered while laughing your self sick with your best friends! After our beauty treatments we went to Gringo's for some lunch. This has been our spot for quite a few years. Sarah and I have birthday's a day apart...we used to meet here on the day between our birthday's for lunch or dinner.
Lunch was delicious! And the company was terrific! We went back to Sarah's for the kids to play and to have dinner (kind of as a family!) Rebecca and Janell came and we had a great time chatting and feeding calves, cooking, and eating and best of all laughing.
For dinner we made sausage and peppers, lasagna, bruschetta, bread sticks, and a LARGE salad. It was some very fine food! There was however way too much of it! It was OH so good! After dinner, Rebecca did some zone work on my feet and told me all the aches and pains in my body quite accurately too I might add! We all sat around and talked and laughed some more! It was so wonderful to be with them. It was very peaceful for me! I have missed laughing til you cry! I LOVE YOU LADIES! thanks for the wonderful evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment