
I was flying home from Idaho yesterday and did not get to participate in our fast and testimony services. On the first Sunday of every month our church holds what we call "fast and testimony meeting." What that means is....we do not eat or drink for at least 2 meals or a 24 hour period. We believe by sacrificing food and water our bodies, minds and spirits are more humble and more susceptible to hearing the spirit of God, and because of this we are more teachable and have a clearer mind to know the will of God in our lives. Then when we go to church we have the opportunity to bear testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ in our sacrament meeting.
I want to bear my testimony of Jesus Christ. I know he is the only begotten son of God the Father. I know he is my Redeemer. I know he is my brother, that he knows exactly who I am, and that he loves me unconditionally. I know he suffered incredibly in the garden of Gethsemane for my sins, sorrows, and pains and then died on the cross for me so I would have the opportunity to repent of my all my short comings, so when I am resurrected I can live with him and our Father again.
I know I can trust him and his only true church on this earth...The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, to teach me all that I need to know to be clean and pure when he comes again to the Earth. I know that his church teaches his doctrine and that we still have prophets on this Earth. I know his church was restored under his direction by Joseph Smith Jr. and that the Book of Mormon is a real and true history written under the guidance of the Holy Ghost, by prophets in the America's, for our benefit and learning today. I know the Bible testifies of his birth and his teachings and death, and I believe in the Bible.
I know I can find the courage and faith, through him and his charity for me, to endure all that I must in this life with a happy heart. I know Jesus Christ lives. I know that he is a being of flesh and bones just like God our Father is. I know we were all created in their image and that they created this existence for us so we could learn and be taught by the spirit if we are humble enough to listen.
I know Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah of the world. I know I can pray to our Father through him and that my prayers are not only heard but they are answered. I know that revelation is not dead and that miracles happen every single day. Our Heavenly Father has not forgotten us, I know this because I see and feel His love every second of every day. I know that this testimony of my Savior is true and correct because I feel the peace and calm the scriptures promise when we receive truth. I bear this testimony in His Holy name, Jesus Christ. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment