Memorial Day was a fun day! We met at Rebekah's for a few minutes then left for a ward bbq. Her ward was very friendly. There were many in her ward that used to go to our ward. There were quite a few who were related to those in our ward. It was fun! I got to meet the parents of an old friend of mine from college, Natalie Pettitt. Natalie's father is Rebekah's stake president. We had a great conversations. He even served his mission in Seattle and lived in Magnolia like we did! It was great.
The kids had a tremendous time having a water-fight with the bishop. He had the advantage over the kids...he got to hold the hose. There were a few times where a dad (Brian) or two would get into it a bit. I got to be in it long enough to get Lizzy soaked, it was fun.
After the ward bbq, we went back to Rebekah's house to let the kids play. They decided they should engage in yet another water-fight. They really had a great time. (Thanks Rebekah!) We had an amazing dinner of shish kabobs that Jon cooked to perfection on the grill. After which we sang happy birthday to Ethan and had cake. Everyone is looking forward to this saturday when we go back to Rebekah's for Logan and Ysabel's birthday.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you got to meet my folks. They really enjoyed meeting you too. What a small world this is huh? I have so many memories of Memorial Day picnics at that building. It is crazy to see your kids doing what I did there as a kid. I heard that you found a new place to live. That's great. Next time I'm in Jersey I'll have to be in touch and see if you'll be around. By the way, you've got some beautiful little blondes!
Post a Comment