Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mother and Daughter Spa Night

The girls and I fared a bit better than the boys. At 2:00 Stacie Ramos picked the girls and I up for a night of pampering at her house. We had 7 of us girls at home...Stacie, Me, Dia (12), Ysabel T (7), Isabelle R (7), Hannah T (6), and Hannah R (4).

Stacie and I love sushi, as do the girls! So, since the boys were gone, we were doing it all our way! We got dinner ready (sushi and yaki mandu) just as Dia was headed off to a birthday party. I stayed with the Ysabsl's and Hannah's while Stacie ran Dia to the party.

As we got ready for the prayer for dinner Hannah Ramos asked to pray. My boys met the Ramos boys at their house earlier that morning for the campout. Hannah had apparently seen Brock in his jacket because her prayer was sincere and heartfelt. She asked Heavenly Father to "please bless the boys not to get wet especially "special little Brock" who was only wearing a tiny jacket." She didn't know that I had packed Brock 3 sweat shirts to layer-up with. But she was so concerned about him.

We ate our Sushi and Yaki Mandu and had peaches and ice cream for dessert. The girls played and had a great time. As a snack later we had smores. Ysabel T made her smore and cooked the chocolate in the microwave, it started to run down her arm and drip off her elbow so I shuffled her back into the kitchen. Just then I went to bite into my smore and it all but exploded on me. I had on a white zip-up hoodie, the chocolate smeared down the side of the zipper and landed on my white sock. I was trying so hard to stay clean. I was even heading for the sink but...I missed. Ysabel and I laughed hard.

Stacie got a big kick out of watching me wind my stretchy marshmellow around my finger. She teased me about that for a while. I didn't know what else to do with it!

After dinner we painted toe nails and finger nails, got our jammies on and ready for Nancy Drew. Stacie popped some very yummy popcorn and we settled in for the night.

The next morning we woke up warm and dry, giggling and happy. At breakfast Hannah Ramos wanted to say the prayer again. She prayed for "special little" Brock again. (she might be younger than he is but she is just as tall as he is.) She was so worried about him! It was adorable!

The girls got dressed then went outside to take pictures of themselves. Stacie had done all their hair in braids before they went out, they were beautiful! As soon as I get a copy of the pictures I will post them. Tally showed up wet around 11:30. Brian and our boys showed up around 1:30. It was a very fun weekend!

No comments: