Monday, June 29, 2009

Crashin again!

We took the kids to the school to ride their bikes and play on the equipment last night so they could get some energy out. There is a strip of blacktop next to the school where the drains are that is filled with gravel from the sanding last winter. Brian mentioned to the kids not to ride their bikes down there or they will spin out and find out the real meaning of road rash. My invincible son found out...again...that riding a bike isn't always safe. Especially when you don't obey your parents and stay out of FORBIDDEN ZONES! Brock lost his toe nail last year because he "didn't need to wear shoes while riding a bike!" He did learn from that....lets hope he learns this time. It took us a long bath to loosen his skin enough to dig out all the rocks and dirt...I'm still not convinced we got it all. He bled a good deal for a while. The pictures don't quite show how deep it really went. Once it was all said and done I sat down with him and told him there was one thing I wanted him to learn from all this..."Don't get going so fast in your life you can't slow down." That was his excuse for hitting the FORBIDDEN ZONE.

3 comments:

Lexie said...

He pulled a 'Lexie' AGAIN? Oh man I didn't know I had such a strong influence in your home!

Wow, tell him I am so sorry and that I feel his PAIN! But hey, we can be scar buddies now!!!

Nikki Whitehead said...

I am sure that is what he wants - to be like Lexie! Hahaha! Anyway, I hope he feels better - that road rash stuff hurts pretty bad!

Us! said...

ouch! poor kid. elbow looks pretty big. so that's where you've been....miss you guys feel like i haven't seen you in days.