Thursday, August 13, 2009

Donations

Our neighbor Daniela just got over her Chemo. Daniela's big sister Christina and Hannah are best firends. D is 4...if I remember right! Sorry D if I am wrong. Well, Hannah had the idea to donate her hair to Daniela. I thought I was out of the clear cause I explained to Hannah that she was done with her treatments and wouldn't need Hannah's hair. Hannah's responce was..."Mom, she can give it to one of her friends who still does need it." This made me cry. Hannah gave me a hug and told me "it will grow back." Well...she won in the end. She even talked Bella into donating hers. I was pretty proud of them for doing it. I'm glad my girls are not selfish and that they are thinking, on their own, of ways to make others happy. Believe me when I say I never thought of the idea! I've been telling them they can't cut their hair til they are 16! But how could I refuse such a sweet request?

I had before and after pictures of it but another child of mine whom I love dearly dropped my camera after I took the pictures and broke it. Sooo, until I can get them off the busted camera we only have after pictures. Don't they look great?




13 inches


15 inches



4 comments:

Becca Bel said...

love the new picture display. Hey I just donated my hair too. Your girls are so cute!

Robert and Heather in Hawaii said...

I've been thinking of doing this lately so tell your girls they are inspiring to many people.
What did you have to do to do it and how do you donate it?

Rebekah said...

Awesome.

LaRee said...

You are doing a GREAT job mom!