Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Walden Pond part 3 of 8

Ok, for those of you who really know me you know I am quiet a fan of the classics...Shakespeare, Thoreau, Longfellow, Tennyson, etc...anyway...since were so close to Walden Pond Brian suggested that he take me there! I was so excited! Here! Where so many of my fav's got their start. This is the corner of Thoreau and Walden, what a beautiful little town.
It was a bit busier than I ever had imagined, but it was so beautiful how could people leave it alone?

We went on Sunday and since we don't swim on Sunday the kids wouldn't swim, but we did rinse our hot feet at the edge of the pond before we left.
There was a beautiful path that wound its way around the pond. I was seriously in Heaven!

They have a replica of Thoreau's cabin that cost him $28 to build. He lived here while he wrote for a few years. It was a quaint little place. I can't imagine anyone really NEEDING anything more.
Hannah wanted a piggy pack ride...so he gave her one. So accommodating!
Replica of his cabin
Statue of Thoreau
I definitely suggest you take a moment if you are in the Boston area to go to Walden Pond. It was beautiful. I can see why he chose it.

No comments: