Wednesday, December 23, 2009

12 Days of Christmas by Mom and Dad DAY 12

Mom and Dad gave each of us kids the 12 Days of Christmas for our family gift this year. Starting on the 13th of December we were to open a new gift with a certain memory of our growing up years. My kids have loved seeing what we used to do and they love hearing the stories that have come from each memory. I LOVE THIS!!!!

On the first day of Christmas my parents gave to us....
memory: We used to make Christmas Candy every Christmas for the neighbors then take it around and carol to the neighbors. I didn't necessarily love the singing....but I did love being with my family doing something fun for the neighbors. They were a huge part of my life growing up so it was fun for me. My other 3 kids weren't feeling up to it, but Hannah and I made 3 different candies...fudge, muddy buddies, and rocky road then took it to the neighbors. We also made a pot of YUMMY Chowder for lunch that day! That will be another great memory for Hannah and me! Thanks mom and dad!
gift: Christmas plate and a bag of chocolate chips

No comments: