Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our 1st Christmas Alone


Brian and I asked the kids what our family traditions should be since we are alone now for holiday's. They decided they want waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, and ham for Christmas Eve breakfast. Then we decided it would be fun to hit a matinee and grab lunch after. We would eat dinner then open our presents under the tree. SOOOOO....that is what we did. We had such a great time. We took the kids to see A Christmas Carol...3 youngest loved it...Ethan and Brian were bored. Bri even fell asleep! We had lunch at Chipotle, which I loved! But the 3 youngest hated. We are doing sushi next year!

We got home made sure the house was nice and clean then opened our last gift from mom and dad. We ate dinner a little while later, then sat down to read Luke 2. We listened to mom and dad's story and opened presents.

The kids decided since they were planning to sneak in to the girls room as soon as we were asleep, they might as well start off there. So they did. Those turkey's first woke up at 3, then at 4, and again at 5. They wouldn't go back to sleep. I woke up with Brian playing spider solitaire on his laptop and the kids laughing so hard! Brian tries to suggest we just let them up...I was the scrooge and said no! So an hour later Ethan's alarm went off and the kids screamed and ran for the living room. We played and had a great morning. Our bishop and his wife were WONDERFUL and very kind! They planned dinner at the church for anyone who didn't have family to spend Christmas dinner with. There were about 50 of us there. After a WONDERFUL dinner the kids played and the parents talked. I really enjoyed being there! It has been a great experience! But I have to say, I miss the Christmas' when we went to grandma's house!

No comments: