Monday, December 7, 2009

OUR FIRST THANKSGIVING ALONE 09

This is my first year making Thanksgiving Lunch by myself! And happily it worked! I peeled the potatoes the night before and put them in a pot of water to save on time. I got the rolls and pies done Wednesday too! So Thursday morning was focused on turkey and setting the table. I really liked being together as a family. It was nice to take time to chat with my kids and Brian without all the excitement of other people being there! Granted I miss bringing a salad or pie to mom's and everything else being done and not having to clean it all up on my own, and playing cards and the HEAT of dad's fire! Both are perfect, I'm just grateful for this experience this year!
Most of the dinner.

About ready to pray
Whats left....mmmmmmmm, left overs!



1 comment:

Darwin + Kiara said...

Looks delicious!! Our Thanksgiving was a bit different this year too. Yay for traditions though, huh? :)