Sunday, December 27, 2009

On the 12th day of Christmas my parents gave to us...

Memory: Every Christmas Eve that I can remember we got together at Grandma and Grandpa Fielding's house, had lunch, played in the snow, ate dinner, then Santa would come. We each had the opportunity to sit on his lap and tell him what we wanted him to bring us that night. He would then give us each a bag of treats. After Santa left we would read the Christmas story out of Luke. My Aunt Vicki had made costumes for the story so we got to act it out. I LOVED Christmas because I got to be with my family! Driving home from Grandma and Grandpa Fieldings house was always magical. I remember watching the sky for Rudolph. Once we were all married we invited Grandma and Grandpa to mom and dad's house for the Christmas Eve festivities. Dad would light a huge fire in the wood burning stove that he built and we started the very same traditions with our kids. Christmas Day we started gathering at mom and dad's after lunch and ate pizza, played games, and just had a great time. That is also the day we would exchange gifts from each family and open them.
This is our first Christmas without family....I miss you all!


Gift: the Christmas story recited by a child on CD and a Nativity.

No comments: